Monday, April 10, 2006

A STATE OF RACE

This week's "Street Talk" is done; the podcast is up and ready for download.

The show's about race. We're 100 years distant from the lynchings on Park Central Square in Springfield. Many things have changed. Springfield has become more diverse; its Asian and Hispanic populations are close to the state average. But the black population is one-fifth the statewide average.

Give the show a listen, or catch it at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday on Mediacom Channel 14.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW !!! That's tremendous - worth the wait!! I hope you submit this one in contests ... for the audio alone ...

Since I have satellite I want a tape of this one because I imagine you have some archive photos in it.

I have sent links to everyone around the country with links to SGF .. high school buddies, Bohannon, etc....

I am going to use the photo on my blog this morning ... did you notice the flags flying high? I need a list of the credits .. I know about Ron, the Marmot, and DocLarry, how about the rest?

Anonymous said...

Very good program, Don. Very good. -- DR