Wednesday, July 12, 2006

WHO'S ZOOMING WHO?

Northwest Springfield is home to the hottest Missouri House race in Greene County, as three Democrats and two Republicans battle for an open seat in the 137th District.

With the primary less than a month away, rhetoric is rising. One of the Republican candidates, Dan Scott, allegedly told a voter that he was supporting a Democrat for circuit clerk.

Scott denies it. His accuser, Derek White, is running for circuit clerk. Greene County Democrats, the website, has the scoop, in this letter from White:
I was speaking with my Grandmother the other day and she told me a man came by that was running for the 137th legislative district and asked if he could put a sign in her yard.

She agreed on the terms that if this person voted for me ... in November, that he could place the sign. Oh, by the way I am the Democratic candidate. Before she was finished telling me about her conversation with the Politician at the door I found out that the man who promised my Grandmother that he and his wife would give me their support and 2 solid votes was Republican Dan Scott who is vying for the 137th Legislative District in Northwest Springfield.

Yes, even Republican Dan Scott has endorsed my candidacy over Republican incumbent Greene County Circuit Court Clerk Michael Carr.
Well, no, he isn't. Scott posts his reply:
I don't want to cause you any embarassment but I should let you know that I am supporting Michael Carr for County Clerk (sic). Michael and his wife have been acquaintances of mine for many years and I support him in the job he is doing.

I do not know for sure how the impression may have been given to your Grandmother that I was endorsing you. I only recall mentioning that my bright blue sign would look good beside your red one. I have many households throughout the district that are displaying both Democratic and my campaign signs. This seems to be because people appreciate someone like me that was raised in the district wanting to represent it. I have appreciated the fact that I am recieving (sic) a great deal of cross-over support because of my roots in the district.
Derek White's grandmother is a liar? Mike Carr is the county clerk? Dan Scott has bright blue signs? Who knew?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone who knows Dan Scott knows he would do anything to get what he wants including misleading a homeowner to their face. We already have enough people with ethics like Dan Scott in Jefferson City.

Anonymous said...

Yes we do.

And thank god, most of them live in the basement of the Capitol building.

Anonymous said...

Wanna' name names Newtie???

Anonymous said...

What's funny is "Dan Scott" posted anonymously...so all this talk of what "Dan Scott" wrote may be based on someone pulling a prank. Just thought I'd point that out.

Aunt Norma Champion.

Anonymous said...

Nope...

The Administrator of www.GreeneCountyDemocrats.org personally made a phone call to Dan Scott to confirm it was his comment.

Scott confirmed the post. Phone records both on Scott's bill and the administrators bill will reflect this.

;)

RmB

Speaking of Dan Scott... It appears that he may be fudging his residence... see: http://www.greenecountydemocrats.org/story/2006/7/18/92219/8171

Anonymous said...

Nope...

The Administrator of www.GreeneCountyDemocrats.org
personally made a phone call to Dan Scott to confirm it was his comment.

Scott confirmed the post. Phone records both on Scott's bill and the administrators bill will reflect this.

;)

RmB

Speaking of Dan Scott... It appears that he may be fudging his residence... see:
http://www.greenecountydemocrats.org/story/2006/7/18/92219/8171

puertas metalicas en valencia said...

Oh my god, there's a lot of useful information in this post!