Thursday, August 23, 2007

DAN FEATHER, 29

AKA the man behind Vapor.org. He was killed over the weekend in a motorcycle wreck. He was buried in Carthage on Thursday.

Earlier this month, Feather wrote about getting his dream cycle:
It is red and shiny. I need to work on taking off from stop signs or otherwise getting out on the road into traffic. I killed it the other night because I didn't give it enough gas. I was half-way into the road when it died. No traffic was near enough to worry about it, but it could have been a bad situation. I got it started again no problem but at that point I had entered panic mode a bit and gave it too much gas which also isn't good. Almost ran it off the other side of the road. Can't let my fear get the best of me.
His parents left a note in the comments section of his blog. In it they said:
The world is a lot less bright without him.
Contributions to a memorial scholarship in his name can be sent to Ulmer Funeral Home, 1208 Garrison, Carthage, MO 64836. We're pitching in, and hope you will, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's not a day that goes by that we don't remember you Dan. We will always remember...

~Donna Cole
jack henry & associates, inc.