Thursday, October 11, 2007

AN HOUR LEFT TO LIVE

What would you do if you knew you had but an hour before the world ended?

According to this Reuters report, most people in Britain would be boring:
The majority of Britons questioned in a survey -- 54 percent -- said they would like to spend it either with or on the phone to their loved ones.

But the survey revealed a strong hedonistic streak -- 13 percent would sit back, accept the inevitable and reach for a glass of champagne.

Sex appealed to only nine percent while just three percent would turn to prayer.

Two percent intriguingly said they would reach for some fatty food while another two percent decided, with just an hour's life to go, that it was time to start looting.
One hour left to live means one word: Revenge.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 3 percent would pray??? And what percent claim to be religious I wonder.?. I love how devoted people are to religion as long as they think it can do something for them...

Anonymous said...

Revenge. That one didn't even cross my mind. Champagne and sex did. But not revenge. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

Well, if you're asking the "one thing" you would do then many people who would pray would say spending it with loved ones.

I know I'd be praying and driving to see my two sons for the last time. I'd pray with them.

You can do more than one thing at a time. :)

Gary Wright said...

Jason said...

"You can do more than one thing at a time."


Yeah, like Anon 8:59 said, champagne and sex!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think I'd combine portions of all four of the Brit responses cited in the Reuters report. I'd reach for a fatty, pop a cork on the champagne, have sex with my sweetie, and then pick up a phone and order a pizza, just to see if the delivery guy could get it there in time for a pre-apocalyptic closing snack.

But revenge? Dude, that comment says so very much about your core.

Anonymous said...

I'd be like the rest of you on this blog and blame Bush.

Anonymous said...

The only mention of Bush on this thread has been yours anon 1:44
Please base your comments on the reality of those you wish to dis.

Anonymous said...

Amen 427. And looking back, the last reference to Bush was Oct 1 on the thread about the current administration (that would be Bush) and their inclination to go to war. The presidents's name comes up when appropriate. That's all....

Anonymous said...

That's not true. Chatter alludes to Bush two columns down, B. Spears article.

Anonymous said...

Shew. Thanks for spending the time to cull columns for "Bush" nuggets. We so needed to know that. Shew.

Anonymous said...

Just where exactly is the reference to Bush in the Spears thread? I can't seem to find it.

Anonymous said...

Never mind, I get it now.