Sunday, February 26, 2006

ROCKED? NO. SUCKED? YES.

The Winter Olympics are over and we are glad, because soon Bode Miller will no longer be a national figure.

Ski Boy had five chances to win a medal -- for himself, his team, his country, whatever. He blew them all. But is Miller sorry for his performance? Of course not. The Associated Press reports Miller has no regrets about his time in Turin.

Some choice quotes from the story:
“I just did it my way. I’m not a martyr, and I’m not a do-gooder. I just want to go out and rock. And man, I rocked here."

“The expectations were other people’s. I’m comfortable with what I’ve accomplished, including at the Olympics. I came in here to race as hard as I could. That was my obligation to myself.”

“I’ve been living my life as if I might have died two weeks before the Olympics started. That left me the opportunity to dig deep, to go down that other route, to make more sacrifices and get back to where I was.”

“My quality of life is the priority. I wanted to have fun here, to enjoy the Olympic experience, not be holed up in a closet and not ever leave your room. People said, ‘Why can’t you stay in for the two weeks, three weeks? You’ve got the rest of your life to experience the games the way everybody else does.’ But I like the whole package. I always have.”

“[I]t’s been an awesome two weeks. I got to party and socialize at an Olympic level.”
We used to think Bode Miller was a dick. Turns out he's nothing but a tool.

No comments: