Sunday, April 01, 2007

SHE SAID IT WAS RAPE

So her husband shot the rapist dead.

But Tracy Denise Roberson wasn't being raped. Police say she used the excuse after her husband, Darrell Roberson, came home from a card game and found Tracy and a man in the bed of a pickup truck parked in the driveway.

This past week a grand jury in Texas indicted Tracy Roberson for manslaughter. Her husband was not charged in the death of Devin LaSalle.

According to The Associated Press:
"If I found somebody with my wife or with my kids in my house, there's no telling what I might do," said Juan Muniz, 33, who was having lunch Friday with one of his two small children at a restaurant in the middle-class suburban Dallas neighborhood where the Robersons lived. "I probably would have done the same thing."

Tracy Roberson, 35, could get two to 20 years in prison in the slaying of LaSalle, a 32-year-old UPS employee. ...

The December night before the shooting, Tracy Roberson sent LaSalle a text message that read in part, "Hi friend, come see me please! I need to feel your warm embrace!" according to court papers. LaSalle apparently agreed.

Darrell Roberson, a 38-year-old employee of a real estate firm, discovered the two, his wife clad in a robe and underwear.

When Tracy Roberson cried that she was being raped, LaSalle tried to drive away and her husband drew the gun he happened to be carrying and fired several shots at the truck, authorities said.
Tracy Roberson is also charged with making a false report to cops.

No comments: