Tuesday, April 03, 2007

SIT, SWING, SNORT

•Hello: Ron Howard's couch is for sale on eBay. To quote the seller: "Just think of all the famous butts that graced this fine piece of Americana!" The sectional came from Howard's offices at Imagine.

•Local swingers are dressing up (or down) for the upcoming wedding of Jim and Terria double_d. Special "after party rooms" have been set up at the Lamplighter Inn North; an invite to the festivities, passed along by an exceptional source, urges us to "make sure to tell them you're with The 'Party' Club to get the special room rate of $54.99." Apparently some people in Springfield are upset that this sort of event is happening here.

•Keith Richards, you rascal. The 63-year-old musician and enjoyer of recreational drugs told NME: "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

6 comments:

The Libertarian Guy said...

Zach e-mailed me, and I'd just like to say... gonna miss John Stone.

Sorry I've been kinda scarce lately, been helping Doug Burlison with his campaign and other things. Was going to try to swing by the Pub tonight, but couldn't get over there.

My condolences to John's family.

Keith

Anonymous said...

Libertarian Guy, please explain: What has happened to John Stone?

The Libertarian Guy said...

http://zachishere.com/2007/04/03/john-stone-passes-away/

Anonymous said...

It appears John Stone died yesterday. The N-L account on the website yesterday did not give his name. But a certain local blogger with close ties to the N-L told us at the blogger meeting last night that it was indeed our "Stoner."

I am, however, waiting for official confirmation before posting anything.

A part of me hopes against hope that he posts something today on Curbstone Critic to the effect: "Geez, you guys will believe anything!"

I am bummed to the core of my being over the loss of our good friend.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ron, keep up the great work. I once snorted a cat I had for 20 years. It was nasty.

White Shadow

Anonymous said...

Dipstick, you weren't supposed to SNORT the pussy...