Monday, October 31, 2005


Good to see that our Canadian friends are not immune from the old flaming-bag-of-feces prank. According to the Ottawa Sun:
A Winnipeg teen is being hailed as a hero for helping his family to safety after a prank got out of hand and destroyed his home.

Jordan Feasey, 16, was sleeping in his family's mobile home last weekend, when his mom awoke and noticed something was amiss.

"She got up and looked out the window, and saw there was a fire on our outside deck," said the teen's dad, Mel Ottenbreit.

The fire was started by someone who left a flaming bag of fecal matter on the family's doorstep, police said yesterday.

It quickly spread, blocking both the trailer's exits, so Jordan's mother woke him up and called on him to help.

Jordan then rushed to wake up his little brother and sister.

His mom, Susan Feasey, had already called 911, so the family could do little but watch as flames engulfed their home.

Damages are estimated at $120,000.

Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy, known to the family, who faces arson charges.
Man, that's one expensive trailer. Happy Halloween.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Insurance Guy: Any valuables in the house?
Homer: Well, the Picasso, my collection of classic cars...
Insurance Guy: Sorry, this policy only covers actualy losses, not made-up stuff.
Homer: Well that's just great!